Friday, August 26, 2011

Lily Pond Scarf

Lily Pond at the Brickworks - Toronto
It took me a while to get a picture that actually looked like the idea I had in my mind when I designed Lily Pond scarf.  Water Lilies are at their best in July and August and then only on a sunny day. In my mind I saw the rippling water and the reeds that fringed the pond.  I had to capture this is lace.

I have been fascinated by a drop stitch pattern in one of Barbara Walker's Treasuries.  I knew that I would knit it one day. Well, that day came when the idea of a lily pond and that particular drop stitch pattern merged.  Here is my mind's image made real.

Water and Reeds


And here is Lily Pond scarf knit in Fantastic Knitting Zephyr Lace weight hand dyed yarn - Pond.

Lily Pond Scarf/Shawl from Queen Anne's lace

Make your ideas real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment