Sunday, August 12, 2012

Syncopated Brioche


Here is another pretty knitting stitch with a lovely poetic name - Syncopated Brioche.  Remember the song Syncopated Rhythm, well here it is in yarn.


This stitch has a lot of texture and movement.  Here are my photo takes on Syncopated Brioche. The picture above is from the Barbara Walker site.

Cherry in Spring
Blossoms and leaves give a lot of texture and movement to trees.  Adding a second colour to this brioche stitch or adding beads would give it a floral "feel."  Here is another in blue.

Scilla in Spring
I love blue and green together and the texture here is very inviting. Again adding beads to the Brioche Stitch would really enhance this texture. 

I am working on some lace scarves base on the seasons. This picture of Scilla is my inspiration for one of my two Spring ideas - Showers and Flowers.  I have almost finished Showers and thanks to doing some test knitting for Vogue designer Lynette Meek, I will finish my scarf with a "mock crochet" stitch.

Pictures soon!!!

Have an enhanced day!

No comments:

Post a Comment